- The Moon is a Harsh Mistress (Robert Heinlein)
- V for Vendetta (Alan Moore and David Lloyd)
- The Dispossessed (Ursula LeGuin)
- Snow Crash (Neal Stephenson)
- The Diamond Age (Neal Stephenson)
- The Ungoverned (Vernor Vinge)
- And Then There Were None (Eric Frank Russell)
- Conquest by Default (short story in Collected Stories of Vernor Vinge)
- Stateless and Semi-Stateless Societies in Fiction and Semi-Fiction (talk by David Friedman)
- Anthem (Ayn Rand)
- Anarcho-Capitalism (Peter Leeson) – comparative analysis of governed vs. un-governed
- Why Libertarianism is So Dangerous (SchoolSucksProject) – warlords and education
But how would you solve Problem X?
- Richard Elmore: I do not believe in the institutional structure of public schooling anymore
- Ken Robinson: TED Talks
- Sugatra Mitra: TED Talks
- Sergio Juárez Correa: How a Radical New Teaching Method Could Unleash a Generation of Geniuses
- James Tooley: The Beautiful Tree, Reclaiming Education
- James Tooley: Private Education is Good for the Poor: A Study of Private Schools Serving the Poor in Low-Income Countries
- John Taylor Gatto: The Underground History of American Education, Dumbing Us Down, Weapons of Mass Instruction, The Six-Lesson School Teacher, I Quit, I think
- Thomas Sowell: A challenge to Our Beliefs (race v. academic performance)
Scientific Research and Innovation
Cato, better research on free market
Govts skew the research done
Patents, Copyright, Trademark, Intellectual Property
Against Intellectual Monopoly (book) Bichele Boldrin, David K. Levine (Tucker reference)
Against Intellectual Property (article) Stephan Kinsella
Diamondus book Abundance, fund private rocketship.
- have made you 75% less wealthy
Consumer Safety (tylenol poisoning, car “unsafe at any speed”)
General. Federal Regulations Have Made You 75 Percent Poorer
Working Standards. Assuming You’re Intellectually Lazy, there’s a Very Strong Argument for Command-and-Control Regulation
- David Beito: From Mutual Aid to the Welfare State, review Welfare before the Welfare State
- Daniel Shapiro: Will Private charity be enough?
- Socialist Swedes take to private health care”
- The Market is Taking over Sweden’s Health Care
- Allan Carlson: What has government done to our families?
- Mental institutions, Thomas Szasz?
- Detroit private police
- Talk by David Friedman
- private arbitration
- Free speech, life, property, happiness
- Why is this contingent on geography of birth?
fire, ambulance, 911…